Quesnel Women’s Fall Challenge
September 30, 2018
WOMEN’S ONLY – 5km walk, 10km walk, 5km run, 10km run or 1/2 Marathon.
Your age on October 2 will place you in one of the following age categories: 6-12, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89 and 90+ for any of the five events. Awards will be presented in each event, to the top 3 finishers in each age category.
WHEEL CHAIR ATHLETES ARE WELCOME!!!!
THIS YEAR WE CAN ALLOW STROLLERS. Participants with strollers will start behind the regular group and we ask that you be diligent with ensuring that other participants are not compromised by your stroller. Thank you.
Every participant on the course must be registered so if you have a child under 6, please record names and ages on the entry form. Our insurance requires complete registration.
ENTRY FORM: Register early because entry fees increase as the date of the Event approaches. Forms will be available on line, at the Quesnel and District Recreation Centre and from various businesses around town.
Online registration will be available through Stride and Glide in Prince George once we have all of the details formalized.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
8:30 Half Marathon
9:00 10 km run and walk
9:10 Wheel Chairs
9:20 5 km run and walk
Participants wanting a shower from the Recreation Centre must purchase a day pass this year. A pass costs $7.30 for non-residents. The City of Quesnel is supporting our event in many ways but because they cannot provide this service for other events, it seems only fair that we do not get this perk either.
RACE PACKAGE PICKUP: Pickup your race package at the Quesnel Recreation Centre on SATURDAY, September 29, 2018 between 3:00 and 6:00 pm. If you are unable to pick up your package, please arrange for someone else to get it.
LATE RACE PACKAGE PICKUP: Unclaimed race packages will be available at the Race Site, starting at 7:30 am Sunday, Oct. 1.
POST RACE CELEBRATIONS:
AT THE BOAT LAUNCH STARTING AT 10:30
ROUTE MAP: Visit the Race Map and Race Profile Page on this website, to view the map.
RULES AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DAY OF EVENT: Details below.
25th Annual Fall Challenge September 30, 2018
Quesnel Women’s Fall Challenge has Women’s ONLY events for participants 6 years and older. Medals will be awarded for these 5 categories. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE REGISTERED.
- The registration deadline for entry to walk or run is 8:15 a.m. on Sunday,
September 30, 2018 at the Race Site.
- Unclaimed Race Packages will be available for pickup at the Dragon Lake Boat Launch – Race Site, from 7:30 am.
- If at all possible, we recommend carpooling for the morning of the event, as
parking can get congested. NOTE: There will be city busses this year so park at Dragon Lake school and ride to the boat launch. So much easier.
- Please, try to be there early so you can relax and maybe do the porta-potti thing!!!
- Your bib number, which contains your timing chip, must be visible on the FRONT of your shirt for timing and safety reasons. QWFC needs to ensure all participants who start the Event complete the course.
- The 1/2 Marathon will start at 8:30 a.m. The 10 run/walk will get underway at 9:00. Wheel Chair athletes leave at 9:10 and the 5km leaves at 9:20. Seed yourselves according to your event: runners first, then walkers.
- Course Restrictions: For safety and liability reasons, the course is limited to registered runners, walkers and wheelchair athletes. Strollers and baby packs ARE allowed. Please register the little one. WALKING aids like walkers ARE allowed.
- To start, stay on right hand side of road, turning down Dragon Lake Road until approximately 1.5 km (watch for an arrow on the road). Follow arrow to the left side of road and stay on the left side for the duration, facing traffic at all times. Also use caution when reaching approximately the 3 km mark as the corner takes a sharp bend, and the shoulder is narrow.
- You will be running/walking in a rural farming community. We have asked area residents to keep their animals tied up or in a fenced area.
- There are 7 water stations available along the route, as well as portable toilets at the Start/Finish areas, 2.5 km, 5 km stations and 11 km mark. Kilometer signs are also posted on the route.
- The course is undulating, so pace yourself accordingly.
- WALKERS MUST WALK ONLY.
If you wish to walk and run you must be entered in the running category.
- DO NOT SWITCH CATEGORIES after starting the event. If for some reason you cannot finish your event, please tell one of the timers or volunteers, and make sure they have your number.
- VOLUNTEERS make this event possible! Please take a few moments to thank them!
- FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE BOAT LAUNCH STARTING AT 10:30 WITH GRANVILLE’S GOOD STUFF.
- Unclaimed medals can be picked up at the Recreation Centre the week after the event or can be mailed for out of town participants.
For further information or for clarification of any of the above, email: QuesnelWomensFallChallenge@hotmail.com